Recipe by JGD’s
Wine Pairing: Fletcher Bay Pinot Grigio
This fast and delicious Pho soup recipe is such a fun and unique way to use Thanksgiving turkey leftovers in a more interesting way! Using store bought broth and filling the bowls with items that you already have on hand in your refrigerator, makes this a simple healthy meal that’s ready in minutes.
- 8 cups Organic Chicken Broth or Stock (store bought or homemade)
- 1 package Thai Flat Rice Noodles, cooked as per pkg directions
- Cooked Turkey breast, sliced, enough for 4 servings
- 1 Jalapeno thinly sliced; seeds removed (optional)
- 1 cup sliced raw mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced thin sweet Red Pepper
- 1 small Red Onion sliced thin, raw
- 2 cups White Bean Sprouts, cleaned
- 1 Lime sliced in wedges
- Sriracha Sauce (optional, use if you like spicy)
- Salt to taste
- Thai Basil leaves whole
Optional: use any other veggies you have on hand and add them into your soup as well. No limits with adding healthy ingredients you already have.
- Heat chicken stock in a pot on the stove. Taste and add salt to your taste preference.
- Divide hot broth into 4 bowls.
- Then add into each bowl: cooked rice noodles, turkey slices, jalapenos, mushrooms, red peppers, red onion, bean sprouts, and lime wedge. Top with fresh Thai Basil.
- Serve the Sriracha sauce on the side for anyone who wants their soup spicy.
- Time to eat! Enjoy this yummy bowl of health!